The year in brief
Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I haven't blogged much this past year, in fact, I wonder if anyone will even read this post.
 
So many things have happened;
I began a journey
I accomplished a goal
I was on TV..a couple times
I found myself and my pride again
I fell in love
I had my heart broken
I found my resolve tested
 
What a roller coaster 2008 was for me and it makes me sad that it ended with heartbreak.  I find myself wondering how to pull out of the pain of it. 
 
For years I didn't let a man close to me.  I had a lot of excuses why, but the reality was I was hiding from being hurt again.  So when I opened up to this last relationship, I had no safety nets, I just fell.  I trusted him, I bought the dream, and now I'm having to deal with the reality of losing not only a love, but a friend as well.  I think the friend part is the worst.  Now fond memories of our friendship are overshadowed by betrayal and pain.
 
I find myself looking for a replacement to fill the hole that's left.  I'm not shutting the door and barring the windows this time, but this looking has a pain all of its own.
You wonder if you will ever feel the same way about someone new, if your hip will align just right with his, if your head will tuck, just so, under his chin. 
 
I don't know, but I'm trying.
 
 






5 Comments:
Blogger Carrie had this to say:

Betrayel is the biggest sign. If someone hurts you like you have been hurt, it is best you find out now other than later.

*hugs*

Glad to see you back. Now get a new picture up!

6:10 PM, January 14, 2009 

Blogger Gypsy had this to say:

I'm still reading. And I'm sorry you've been hurt.

1:44 PM, January 20, 2009 

Blogger acousticblinding had this to say:

The hardest part is not falling down, it's getting back up and staying up. I find myself stuck somewhere in between.

Oh and you have a new reader.

4:47 PM, January 21, 2009 

Blogger Augs Casa had this to say:

This too shall pass.

What brings you down just makes you stronger.

His loss.

You are your own greatest person.

Want me to go on??

1:03 PM, January 23, 2009 

Blogger Warwick Circle had this to say:

Being on TV several times sounds good. Unless there were flashing blue lights in the background. Hope 09 is better.

1:31 PM, January 23, 2009 

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





about me picture

  • Name:Kara
  • Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States
  • view my blogger profile
  • Lavish Praise Upon Me
  • I'm a recovering single mother trying desperately to see humor in my day to day toil while simultaneously avoiding reality as much as humanly possible.

    Current Cravings

  • Amazon Wish List







  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from KaraMia. Make your own badge here.


    Powered by: Blogger
    design by: girliebits.





    My Blog Directory

    Bloggy Award Blogroll Me!